Monday, November 06, 2006

Good day
Yesterday was a good day. I was sick on Saturday and slept all but an hour. I intern woke up at 4:30 Sunday morning.
My lady woke up at about 5:30 so we decided that we might as well hit 8:00 mass. Which I hadn't done in quite a while. It's usually 4 Saturday afternoon or 11 am on Sunday.
We arrived at church at about a quarter til 8. Father Dan greets us with a good morning and then throws in, "so what do you think of Lou Pinella?", to which I answered," well I was thinking Girardi but Pinella will do."
Father Dan and I have had many conversations about the Cubs we're both big fans. I just don't understand why we can't put them in our community prayers. If anyone needs them its the Cubs.
After mass we headed out to do a little pre football shopping followed by watching football at a new sports bar in our neighborhood.
Cheap beer! $5 pitchers, not mini's but real pictures, and $1 Sam Adams. The food was good, big portions at a reasonable price.
The best part was only getting charged for about half of what we got. I made up for that by tipping our server $20.
The night cap was going to the Orpheum and seeing Australian Pink Floyd. It was an awesome show. But by the end of it I was definitely beat and needed to go to bed.
Later,
Smiley

5 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Sleep is the best when you're ill. I really like the quote you have on the top of your blog. Very meaningful. :)

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger JaG said...

I like how you use the word 'mass' in a sentence that's followed by a sentence with the word 'beer'. I don't know why.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Froggy said...

I had a lot of fun as well. I couldn't have asked for a better day.
-Froggy

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Froggy said...

Only you could've totally fallen asleep. In reply to the comment you left me, I saw you eat yours.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Broken Monster said...

I'm glad you went to Mass. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home